eBooks and More
Overdrive | Gale Virtual Reference Library | ManyBooks.net | Open Library
eBooks on EBSCO Host |
Email Book Preview | Project Gutenberg | TumbleBooks for Kids | Zinio (Digital Magazines)
Downloadable Audiobooks, eBooks, Music and Videos
NOTE FOR KINDLE READER DOWNLOADS: You may receive renewal or purchase messages from Amazon regarding your OverDrive download of library eBooks to Kindle readers. These messages are not from JPL, and do not affect the terms of your library download. JPL never solicits purchases or charges any fees for the use of digital library material.
Electronic Books (eBooks)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- A collection of downloadable reference eBooks available from the Florida Electronic Library and Jacksonville Public Library, the Virtual Reference Library includes MacMillan's Biology, the Gale Encyclopedias on Alternative Medicine, Cancer, Genetic Disorders, Medicine, Multicultural America, Popular Culture, World of Earth Science, and Beacham's Guide to the Endangered Species of North America and as of 11/2010, 205 new titles.
- TumbleBook Library
- TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.
- TumbleBookLibrary collection can also be viewed in Spanish.
- Browse through the most popular titles, recommendations, or recent reviews from this site’s visitors. Perhaps you'll find something interesting in their special collections. There are more than 29,000 eBooks available here and they're all free!
- Open Library
- Browse over 1,000,000 books and read in a web browser, in Adobe Digital Editions as a PDF or ePub. To access e-books from the State Library of Florida In-Library lending program (available in library through wi-fi), click on the lending library of over 200,000 eBooks link at the top of the screen.
||eBooks on EBSCOhost® (Formerly Netlibrary)
(Remote Access Available)
NOTE: eBooks on EBSCOhost® has no material newer than 2004.
The eBook Collection requires that users create their free account on a JPL public computer.
Once their free account is created at a JPL public computer, users are then able to access their account from any computer. Find your nearest library branch.
For eBooks on EBSCOhost® information on creating a free account, system requirements, and available formats,
Email Book Preview
- Join our Online Book Clubs and start reading books in your email. Each day we'll send you a
5-minute portion of a book. By the end of the week, you'll have read 2-3 chapters. If you'd
like to finish a book, stop by the library and pick up a copy. Every week we feature new books.
Sign up today and start reading tomorrow.
- Project Gutenberg
- Project Gutenberg is a volunteer effort to digitize, archive, and distribute cultural works. It is the largest collection of free electronic books (eBooks) in the world. Most texts are public domain items, such as Shakespeare, classic Greco-Roman texts, and more.
- Zinio (Digital Magazines)
- Zinio, the world's largest newsstand, offers full color, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. Browse from the library's collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
- For more information and instructions, view the Printable Zinio Checkout Guide.