Spanish & Latino
All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
- Spanish language full-text news articles collected from 35 national newspapers--all in one easy-to-search database.
Los artículos españoles de noticias de repleto-texto de idioma reunieron de 35 periódicos nacionales--todo en un fácil a busca la base de datos.
- The American Mosaic:
The African American Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
The Latino American Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
The American Indian Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
- Wide-ranging and easy to use, the American Mosaic is the first-ever full-text database to focus on the history and culture of African and Latino Americans. The Mosaic combines the robust, award-winning African American Experience and the groundbreaking Latino American Experience with content that spans the centuries, from the earliest origins of Africans and Latinos in North America to the triumphs and challenges of today.
- Presented by World Book, the Spanish Student Discovery Encyclopedia is organized so that the student can find information quickly and easily.
Presentado por World Book, la Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos está organizada de modo que los estudiantes puedan encontrar información rápida y fácilmente.
¡Informe! (InfoTrac en Español)
- A collection of hispanic magazines with complete texts. It covers business, health, technology, culture, up-to-date themes and other matters.
Una colección de revistas hispánicas con textos completos. Abarca negocios, salud, tecnología, cultura, temas de actualidad y otras materias.
- The Latino American Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
- The first-ever full-text database focusing on the history and culture of Latinos living in the United States. Content spans from the pre-Columbian Indigenous civilizations of the Americas, through the Spanish and Mexican settlement of much of what is now the United States, to the triumphs and challenges facing present-day U.S. Latinos.
- To access Tumblebooks from outside the library, enter your library card number (FJP in uppercase).
- TumbleBookLibrary collection can also be viewed in Spanish.