Magazines & Newspapers
- Zinio (Digital Magazines)
- Zinio, the world's largest newsstand, offers full color, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. Browse from the library's collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
- For more information and instructions, view the Printable Zinio Checkout Guide.
Electronic Collections Online: Full Text Magazine Articles
(In-Library Use Only)
A resource whereby users can access the content of thousands of full-text articles
in the online catalogs of thousands of libraries. Uses FirstSearch as an easy-to-use search method. Links
indicate how many and which libraries possess copies of the items, the subject areas discussed,
as well as excerpts or text for some materials.
All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
Remote Access problems?
Spanish language full-text news articles collected from 35 national newspapers--all in one easy-to-search database.
Los artículos españoles de noticias de repleto-texto de idioma reunieron de 35 periódicos nacionales--todo en un fácil a busca la base de datos.
- Contains the electronic editions of record for valuable local,
regional, and national U.S. newspapers--all in one easy-to-search database. (Contains the abstract and full-text version of
thousands of articles from Florida's top daily newspapers, including - among others - the Tampa Tribune, the
Florida Times-Union, the Miami Herald, the St. Petersburg Times, and the Orlando Sentinel.)
America's Obituaries & Death Notices
Contains the largest and most comprehensive
newspaper collection of obituaries and death notices with an easy-to-use interface. Search by
name, date range, or text such as residence, occupation, hobbies, family members, or other
- Chronicling America, Historic American Newspapers
- Search America's historic newspapers pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals
- Freely accessible online journals, subject-specific archives and collections of material
provide a valuable supplement of knowledge to existing published scientific information.
DOAJ aims to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scholarly journals.
The Directory aims to be comprehensive and cover all open access scientific and scholarly
journals that use a quality control system to guarantee the content. Many subject areas and
languages are covered.
- EBSCO MasterFILE Premier (EBSCO)
- MasterFILE Premier contains full text for thousands of general reference magazines and publications and covers a wide-range of subject areas including business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more.
- MasterFILE Premier contains PDF backfiles* (as far back as 1975) for key publications including American Libraries, Foreign Affairs, History Today, Judaism, Library Journal, National Review, Saturday Evening Post and more.
- * Science News is available in HTML back to 1975.
- Search archives of Florida newspapers. From the Florida Times-Union to the Tampa Tribune, articles at your fingertips. No advertisements and no images included.
- Florida Navigator
- Florida Navigator is dedicated to offering you access to the widest possible range of resources. You are now able to search our collection and the collections of many other libraries worldwide using WorldCat, the world's largest network of library-based content and services.
Florida Times-Union Archives
- Contains news articles appearing the local Jacksonville newspaper, the Florida Times-Union from January 11, 1996 to the present day. Only text articles are available - no images or advertisements are presented.
¡Informe! (InfoTrac en Español)
Una colección de revistas hispánicas con textos completos. Abarca negocios, salud, tecnología,
cultura, temas de actualidad y otras materias.
- A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology.
- A vast database consisting of millions of full-text news and periodical articles, many with images. Covers a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Includes popular InfoTrac databases such as InfoTrac OneFile, General Reference Center Gold, General Business File ASAP, Expanded Academic ASAP, Business Index ASAP, as well as Kid's and Junior Editions.
Major Metropolitan Newspapers
- Search archives of the major newspapers from the nation's largest cities. From The New York Times to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, articles at your fingertips. No advertisements and no images included.
- The New York Times with Index (1851 - 2012) - ProQuest Historical Newspapers
- Historical news - newspaper articles
- Subject Area(s): History, Historical news, News, Student Resources, Historical Newspapers
- This historical newspaper provides genealogists, researchers and scholars with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time.
- Access to both the America's Obituaries & Death Notices and America's Newspapers databases.
- News magazines collected by NewsBank.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from Offshore Drilling to Climate Change, Health Care to Immigration. Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing for debates, creating presentations and more.
- University of Florida Digital Newspaper Library
- The Florida Digital Newspaper Library exists to provide access to the news and history of Florida. All of the over 1,376,000 pages of historic through current Florida newspapers in the Florida Digital Newspaper Library are openly and freely available with zoomable page images and full text.
Wall Street Journal Digital Microfilm
- The ProQuest Digital Microfilm™ solution remotely hosts the Wall Street Journal for simultaneous online viewing and retrieval in it's original full-image in the library or at any Wi-Fi hotspot.
- APS Journals
- Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics. The American Physical Society (APS) and The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) partnership providing open access to CERN-authored articles published in the APS journal.
- Florida Newspapers Online
Direct links to the online editions of over fifty Florida newspapers.
- Local, National and World News Feeds
News feeds from local, national and world sources. More links to television news, national newspapers and news services, as well as prominent international news organizations.
News & Weather Websites
News and weather websites recommended by JPL staff.