All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
Books and Authors (Gale)
- Readers can use Books & Authors to enhance the experience of the book they are currently reading, digging deeper into its themes and origins, or learning how the author's life and times contributed to the work.
DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals
- Freely accessible online journals, subject-specific archives and collections of material
provide a valuable supplement of knowledge to existing published scientific information.
Covering many subject areas and languages, DOAJ aims to increase the visibility and ease of use
of open access scholarly journals that use a quality control system to guarantee the content.
Email Book Preview
- Join our OnLine Book Clubs and start reading books in your email. Each day we’ll send you a
5-minute portion of a book. By the end of the week, you’ll have read 2-3 chapters. If you’d
like to finish a book, stop by the library and pick up a copy. Every week we feature new books.
Sign up today and start reading tomorrow.
- Florida Navigator
- Florida Navigator is dedicated to offering you access to the widest possible range of resources. You are now able to search our collection and the collections of many other libraries worldwide using WorldCat, the world's largest network of library-based content and services.
- Literature Criticism Online (Gale)
- This 10 award-winning Gale series comprises Literature Criticism Online covering centuries of critiques on authors and their works spanning all time periods, types of literature and regions. The collection includes the following titles:
Children's Literature Review, Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism, Contemporary Literary Criticism, Drama Criticism, Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism, Poetry Criticism, Shakespearean Criticism, Short Story Criticism, Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism.
Literature Resource Center
- Access biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of more than 120,000 authors from
every age and literary discipline. Scribner Writer's Series includes 15-20 page signed essays
on more than 1,600 authors and literary genres drawn from 13 acclaimed Scribner print series.
Twayne World, US, and English Authors each contains the full text of 200 frequently used
Twayne Literary Masters books on individual World, US, or English authors, for a total of 600
- 140,000 full-text poems
- 800,000 additional poem citations and excerpts
- 7,100 full-text stories and novels
- 3,800 full-text essays from the 16th-20th centuries
- 1,250 full-text plays
- 2,400 full-text speeches
- 1,800 photos and illustrations
NetLibrary eBook Checkout
(Remote Access Available)*
- The world's premier provider of electronic books (eBooks), netLibrary helps academic, public,
corporate and special libraries create a richer, more productive learning environment for their
patrons. Combines the time-honored traditions of the library system with electronic
publishing and offers an easy-to-use information and retrieval system for accessing reference, scholarly, and professional books. Nearly 3,500 texts are available.
*NOTE: When using NetLibrary, click here for assistance.
NoveListPlus: Your Guide to Fiction and Nonfiction (EBSCO)
- Fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages
- Expert reading recommendations from professional librarians
- Read-alikes for every title, author, and series
- Easy-to-use interface designed with readers and librarians in mind
- Simple but effective searching
- Quick and easy-to-use resources including:
Book Discussion Guides
Thematic book lists
Reading and book-oriented articles
- *NOTE: For assistance with NoveList, please click here.
- Novelist Plus K-8 (EBSCO)
- Engage your younger readers and encourage reading success! NoveList K-8 Plus helps parents, teachers, and librarians improve literacy, connect reading across curricular areas, teach reading and writing concepts, and engage young readers.
- TumbleBooks Library
- TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.
- TumbleBookLibrary collection can also be viewed in Spanish.
(In-Library Use Only)
- A resource whereby users can access the catalog information concerning
millions of items in the online catalogs of thousands of libraries. Uses FirstSearch as an easy-to-use search method. Links
indicate how many and which libraries possess copies of the items, the subject areas discussed,
as well as excerpts or text for some materials.