Health & Wellness
All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
- H1N1 (Swine Flu)
- Tips, facts and news directly from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
- H1N1 Influenza Pandemic
- This site contains a growing selection of reports, papers, newsletters, posters, and other important materials from government agencies and other trusted sources.
Health & Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module
- Find magazines, journals, newspapers, definitions, directories, and information on alternative and general medical topics. Included are links to diet, cancer, and health assessment sites as well as
government databases. Intended for informational
Health Reference Center Academic
- Use this database to find articles on: Fitness, Pregnancy, Medicine, Nutrition, Diseases, Public
Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Alcohol and Drug abuse, HMOs, Prescription Drugs, etc. The
material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
MEDLINE on FirstSearch
(In-Library Use Only)
- An online resource containing the catalog information concerning millions of items.
This resource, within OCLC, contains cataloged information about texts and materials in
all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing. Links indicate how many and which libraries
possess copies of the items, the subject areas discussed, as well as excerpts or text for some
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection
- All aspects of the Nursing profession -- from direct patient care to health care administration -- are covered. This collection's current and authoritative content will be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.