Careers and Jobs
For additional information, access our Recommended Websites with emphasis on Careers and Jobs.
All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
- Career Transitions
- Users will have a multitude of job search options, including temporary positions, apprenticeships, internships and entry-level positions.
Helps users create targeted resumes and cover letters. Users will also find helpful tips and advice from career experts on applying
for jobs, interviewing, networking.
- Gales's Testing & Education Reference Center With Career Module
- A start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Over 100 practice tests and courses (GED prep, SAT Subject Tests, FCAT and many others)
- Career module includes test prep help to obtain licenses for a career as a Practical or Registered Nurse, civil service (firefighter, police officer, postal worker, realtor), teacher certification and many others. Includes Online Resume Builder.
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Small Business eCollection
- Perfect for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies and success stories. Users will find hundrads of full text subject-appropriate periodicals.
- Small Business Resource Center
- Search this database to learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites.
- Vocation, Careers & Technical Education eCollection
- Finding an appropriate institution of learning, job searching, and maintaining a career are all topics covered by this collection, providing current and applicable content for all vocational milestones. Offering content from nearly 400 journals, this collection provides content from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.