- Business Insights: Essentials (Gale)
- Research and analyze companies and industries around the world. Featuring the content you need to explore a global business landscape:
- extensive reference content from Gale's core business collection
- easy-to-use company fundamentals and investment research reports
- industry rankings, profiles, market share data, company histories, and more
- BEBR's Mission:
- To collect, analyze and generate economic and demographic data on Florida and its local areas
- To conduct economic and demographic research that will inform public policy and business decision making
- To distribute data and research findings throughout the state and the nation.
- The Future of the Florida Statistical Abstract Online
More data series are continually added on a weekly basis. Our goal is to create an aggregated repository and become Florida's number one data source online. In the future we plan to start including data series going back to the first edition of the Florida Statistical Abstract from 1967. With improved graphing tools available soon, you'll be able to compare data of multiple localities or series together.
- Business Economics and Theory
- This collection provides academic journals and magazines focusing on topics in economics. Perfect for business classes, users will find more than 150 full-text journals to support their research.
- Demographics Now
- Geographic Business Intelligence for:
• Business & Marketing Plans fast and easy formatted reports available in seconds!
• Determining where you should locate your business.
• Understanding your customers better How much do they earn? How much do they spend?
• Analyzing new markets
should you expand to other areas?
• Targeting direct mail and advertising programs to the customers most likely to buy your product/service.
• Identifying where your competitors are located.
• Great for territory sales planning!
• Lifestyle customer segmentation categorization used by the professionals.
- Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media (Gale)
- Contains listings for radio and television stations and cable companies. Print media entries provide address; phone, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses; key personnel, including feature editors; and much more. Broadcast media entries provide address; phone, fax, and e-mail addresses; key personnel; owner information; hours of operation; networks carried and more. Scope includes U.S., Canadian, and international media.
- Encyclopedia of Associations: National Organizations of the U.S. (Gale)
- Comprehensive source of detailed information concerning nonprofit American membership organizations of national scope. Covers more than 23, 000 organizations in categories such as trade, business, and commercial; legal, governmental, public administration, and military; cultural; educational; veterans, hereditary, and patriotic; athletic and sports; fan clubs, and many more.
Foundation Directory Online
(In-Library Use Only)
- Designed for nonprofit use, the Foundation Directory Online Platinum offers extensive program
details for 1,500+ leading foundations; detailed application guidelines for 7,200+ foundations;
and sponsoring company information for corporate givers. This service also includes a searchable
file of 400,000+ grants. The Trustees, Officers, and Donors search field and its corresponding
index allow users to search among 338,000+ trustee, officer and donor names.
General Business File ASAP
- Analyze company performance and activity, industry events and trends as well as the latest in
management, economics and politics. Access to a combination of broker research reports, trade
publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings with full text and images
- A vast database consisting of millions of full-text news and periodical articles, many with images. Covers a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Includes popular InfoTrac databases such as InfoTrac OneFile, General Reference Center Gold, General Business File ASAP, Expanded Academic ASAP, Business Index ASAP, as well as Kid's and Junior Editions.
- MergentIntellect (In-Library Use Only)
- Mergent Intellect is a highly flexible web-based application that features a deep collection of worldwide business information that enables companies to generate insightful business intelligence. Coupling Mergent's expertise in developing products for the reference marketplace with D&B®'s private company database, Mergent Intellect offers new and existing clients a unique opportunity to access private and public U.S and international business data, industry news, facts and figures, executive contact information, the ability to access industry profiles and much more.
- MergentInvestorEdge (In-Library Use) (Remote Access) (Remote Access for DCPS Students)
- Mergent InvestorEdge provides a powerful business research tool, access to the documents and financial information you need for each individual company – incorporating the latest research technology for comprehensive investment research. Look up all corporate documents including annual, industry and equity reports as well as general contact information for each domestic and international company in our database.
- MergentOnline (In-Library Use) (Remote Access) (Remote Access for DCPS Students)
- Mergent Online is an Internet-based suite of information resources that enables in-depth business and financial research.
- ReferenceUSA is a powerful online reference and research tool providing library cardholders instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on 24 million U.S. businesses and 235 million U.S. residents. ReferenceUSA makes it faster and easier to find new business opportunities, research executives and companies, find news articles, conduct job searches, research papers, locate addresses and phone numbers, conduct market research and much more.
- Small Business eCollection
- Perfect for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies and success stories. Users will find hundreds of full text subject-appropriate periodicals.
- Small Business Resource Center
- Search this database to learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites.