All databases are accessible from non-Library computers except where noted.
Many resources accessible from home will require the use of a valid JPL Library Card.
For a printable list of our databases, click here.
Remote Access problems?
- The African American Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
- The widest-ranging and easiest-to-use online collection on African American life ever assembled. Provides rock-solid information from authorities in the field and allows African Americans to speak for themselves through a wealth of primary sources. Drawing on over 400 volumes, and designed under the guidance of leading librarians, this database gives voice to the black experience from its African origins to the present day.
- The American Mosaic:
The African American Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
The Latino American Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
The American Indian Experience (In-Library Use) (Remote Access)
- Wide-ranging and easy to use, the American Mosaic is the first-ever full-text database to focus on the history and culture of African and Latino Americans. The Mosaic combines the robust, award-winning African American Experience and the groundbreaking Latino American Experience with content that spans the centuries, from the earliest origins of Africans and Latinos in North America to the triumphs and challenges of today.
- Trans-Atlantic Slave Voyage Database
- Information on almost 35,000 slaving voyages that forcibly embarked over 10 million Africans fro transport to the Americas between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries. It offers researchers, students and the general public a chance to rediscover the reality of one of the largest forced movements of peoples in world history.