Additional Resources | Great Decisions Newsletters | JPL Databases
Great Decisions is an ongoing program held at the Jacksonville Public Library, designed to engage citizens in learning about the world. Each year, the Great Decisions editorial board selects eight of the most pressing global issues and regions that will be the focus of the briefing book, television programs, and online resources. It is the oldest and largest grass-roots world affairs education program of its kind in the country. Great Decisions is sponsored locally by the World Affairs Council - Jacksonville.
Great Decisions discussions take place on selected Thursday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Southeast Regional Library located at 10599 Deerwood Park Blvd. – 32256.
The Great Decisions 2014 Briefing Book will be available in January for purchase through the Foreign Policy Association website for $20, not including shipping. Note: Purchase of the briefing book is not required for participation.
||Food and Climate
||China’s Foreign Policy
||U.S. Trade Policy
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Lisa Brown Buggs at 630-4655 or email@example.com.
- Great Decisions Newsletters
- Sign up for the Great Decisions Newsletter
- Search for Downloadable Materials
- World at War: Understanding Conflict and Society (In-Library) (Remote Access)
- This database is an invaluable online resource that presents comprehensive information and unique insights into the military conflicts that have defined our world from antiquity to today. The only online resource focused on the causes and consequences of wars fought around the world, elucidating the global impact of these conflicts.
- Gale U.S. History in Context
- U.S. History in Context delivers comprehensive, contextual, media-rich search results from the most extensive online collection of historical information available today.
- Gale World History in Context
- World History in Context offers students and researchers unparalleled access to a broad collection of scholarly analysis and award-winning full-text periodicals, reference works and primary documents. World History in Context moves chronologically over 5,000 years from antiquity to the present and geographically around the globe, to ensure that the events, movements and individuals that defined, informed and shaped world history are covered with a sense of balance.
- America’s Newspapers
Contains the electronic editions of record for valuable local,
regional, and national U.S. newspapers--all in one easy-to-search database. (Contains the abstract and full-text version of
thousands of articles from Florida's top daily newspapers, including - among others - the Tampa Tribune, the
Florida Times-Union, the Miami Herald, the St. Petersburg Times, and the Orlando Sentinel.)