San Marco Branch
1513 LaSalle St
Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Tue & Thu: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wed, Fri, & Sat: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
- Closings & Holidays
- At the corner of LaSalle Street and Hendricks Avenue.
Map & Driving Directions
About the Library
- Mass Transit
- JTA Bus Schedules
- Click on the floorplans to the right to see the larger image.
- Architectural Firm
- Original (1949): Bernard W. Close Architects; Renovations (2003): Ebert Norman Brady
- Opened January 2, 1950 as the Southside Branch. Renamed in 1992 to reflect the neighborhood. Renovated and expanded as part of the Better Jacksonville Plan, the 7,540 square-foot-library re-opened with 11,440 square feet. In the same building, the adjoining Balis Community Center has a multi-purpose room with theater-style seating for 175, four classrooms, a small kitchen and a conference room that will be shared with the library. That will bring the entire complex to 19,000 square feet.
- Jacksonville City Council District
- District 5
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audiobooks on tape and CD, videos and DVDs, and recorded music on tape and CD.
- A self-service checkout machine near the circulation desk.
- 36 public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Wireless Internet access for laptops, notebooks, and PDA devices.
- A meeting room is available for use by groups. Please contact the branch for more information.
- Separate children's areas.
- There is art on permanent display.
- Outside, two park benches and a new oak tree sit near the main entrance.
- Various programs for adult, teen and tween, early childhood, and school age are offered throughout the year.