South Mandarin Branch
12125 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32223-2636
- Tue, Fri, & Sat: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wed & Thu: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sun & Mon: CLOSED
- Closings & Holidays
- At the intersection of San Jose Boulevard and Orange Picker Road, about two miles south of I-295.
Map & Driving Directions
About the Library
- Mass Transit
- JTA Bus Schedules
- Click on the floorplans to the right to see the larger image.
- Architectural Firm
- Harvard Jolly Clees Toppe
- This 25,000 sq.ft. library opened June 18, 2005 as part of the Better Jacksonville Plan.
- Jacksonville City Council District
- District 6
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes more than 80,000 books, audiobooks on tape and CD, videos and DVDs, and recorded music on tape and CD. Southeast houses the library's Freedom Shrine Collection.
- Self-service checkout machines near the circulation desk.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Wireless Internet access for laptops, notebooks, and PDA devices.
- Two meeting rooms, an electronic classroom, four study and tutoring rooms, and a multi-purpose room for 100 people are available for use by groups. Please contact the branch for more information.
- Separate teen and children's areas.
- There is art on permanent display.
- Outside, two park benches and a new oak tree sit near the main entrance.
- Various programs for adults, teens and children are offered throughout the year.