10599 Deerwood Park Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Mon, Tue, Thu: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wed, Fri, Sat: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sun: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Closings & Holidays
- Off Deerwood Park.
Close to the intersection of Gate Parkway and J Turner Butler Blvd.
Map & Driving Directions
About the Library
- Mass Transit
- JTA Bus Schedules
- Square footage: 54,864
- Click on the floorplans to the right to see the larger image.
- Architectural Firm
- Original (1998): Akel, Logan & Shafer; Renovations (2005): DesignWorks
- Original 40,500-square-foot library opened October 25, 1997. Renovated in 2005 as part of the Better Jacksonville Plan, the branch gained a 12,000-square-foot expansion when re-opened August 29, 2005.
- Jacksonville City Council District
- District 13
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audiobooks on tape and CD, videos and DVDs, and recorded music on tape and CD. Southeast houses the library's Freedom Shrine Collection.
- Self-service checkout machines near the circulation desk.
- More than 40 public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Wireless Internet access for laptops, notebooks, and PDA devices.
- Expansive children's area and story room, large adult reading area and three conference rooms, a teen reading room and an adult literacy classroom.
- Separate teen and children's areas.
- There is art on permanent display.
- Various programs for adult, teen and tween, school age, and early childhood are offered throughout the year.