Get Financially Fit @your library® 2014 – 2015
The Jacksonville Public Library, RealSense, UF/Duval County Extension Office, U.S. Small Business Administration and Financial Planning Association of Northeast Florida have partnered to bring the third year-long series of free workshops to help you reach your financial goals.
Interesting in starting a small business? Interested in building or rebuilding your credit? Would you like to learn about investments? How do you help your children learn to make responsible financial decisions? Get unbiased, non-commercial information to help you make the best choices for you!
For more information contact Lindsay at (904) 390-4008 or Lisa at (904) 630-4655.
All workshops are free! Please click on the date to register.
March 2015 - All March Financially Fit programs are cancelled due to Early Voting.
- Building and Rebuilding Your Credit
- Get techniques to build your credit or increase your credit score.
- Protecting Your Identity
- Presented by the Financial Planning Association of Northeast Florida.
- Discover what investment fraud looks like and how to protect your financial assets.
- An introduction to the world of couponing and best practices.
- Managing Your Money in Tough Times
- Learn how to make those tough decisions for spending and get tips for reducing expenses.
- Investing Basics
- Discover the difference between saving and investing, how diversification reduces risk, and the basics of stocks, bond, and mutual funds.
- Buying a Home – Part I
- Discussions and worksheets on the decision to buy or rent, estimating the amount you can borrow, calculating the amount of monthly mortgage payment you can afford, and deciding on the features in a home that are important to you.
- Buying a Home – Part II
- Continuation of pervious discussions and worksheets on the decision to buy or rent, estimating the amount you can borrow, calculating the amount of monthly mortgage payment you can afford, and deciding on the features in a home that are important to you.