For more information, or to make an appointment with the Nonprofit Resources @ JPL librarian, click here.
Highlights of the NPRJPL Collection
This is a selected list of Nonprofit Resoures available at the Jacksonville Public Library. Reference materials may not be checked out. The print directories listed below are
not available in an online format on the Internet.
Foundation Directory Online Professional provides subscribers with access to an unprecedented wealth of timely, comprehensive information on grantmakers and their grants. Included is a database of the entire universe of over 100,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S.; a database of over 4,000 sponsoring companies, offering a quick pathway to corporate funders; a database of over 2.4 million recently awarded grants; and a keyword-searchable database of over 700,000 recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF.
- Annual Register of Grant Support
- Details more than 3,000 grant making organizations in the United States and Canada as well as international organizations that fund programs in the United States and Canada. Covers the areas of the humanities, international affairs, special populations, urban affairs, education, and all of the sciences and includes and excellent introduction to writing a grant proposal.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- A bi-weekly publication with articles on philanthropy, foundations, dates of workshops, seminars, and a directory of services. It also provides deadlines and announcements on grants, and lists employment opportunities in the non-profit field. Current editions of the print version are available for review in the Main library. The link at the left will take you to their Internet website.
- Foundation 1000
- Formerly entitled Source Book Profiles, this reference contains analytical profiles of the 1,000 largest U.S. foundations. This in-depth information is useful for analyzing grant making preferences for these large organizations.
- Foundation Center’s Guide to Grantseeking on the Web
- The Guide to Grantseeking on the Web provides both novice and experienced Web users with a gateway to numerous online resources available to grantseekers, and supplies helpful advice on the best use of those various Internet resources.
- Foundation Directory
- Entries for 7,000 plus private and community foundations with assets of $2 million or giving of $200,000. They represent 20% of all U.S. foundations which provide 90% of all foundation giving in the United States. Outstanding indexes-officers, geographic, type of support, subject, and foundation name-allow easy access to information.
- Foundation Directory Part 2
- Entries for over 4,000 private and community foundations with assets of less than $1 million and making grants of $50,000 to $200,000 annually.
- Foundation Directory Supplement
- Midyear supplemental update to the Foundation Directory and Foundation Directory Part 2.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals
- A list of over 2,000 private U.S. foundations providing financial assistance to individuals for education, general welfare, arts and culture, foreign individuals, and awards. There is also a listing of company employee grants. There are no grants available for small business or any type of for-profit business or business expansion.
- Foundations Today Series
- The successor to the Foundation Center's Foundation Giving Report, this series provides the latest information as it becomes available on foundation growth and trends in foundation giving. The five reports in this annual series include: Foundation Giving Trends, Foundation Growth & Giving Estimates, Foundation Reporting, Foundation Staffing, and Foundation Yearbook.
- Guide to U.S. Foundations, Their Trustees, Officers, and Donors
- A source of data on all active grantmaking foundations and the individuals who run them. The guide provides current information on 53,000 foundations and features a master list of the decision-makers who direct America's foundations.
- Nonprofit World
- A bi-monthly comprehensive national leadership, management, and governance focused magazine in the nonprofit sector. Current editions of the print version are available for review in the Main library. The library does not subscribe to the online version.
Return to Nonprofit Resources @ JPL