Meeting rooms are available at most of our branches for public use. Many of these rooms can be reserved online.
The library reserves the right to limit the number of reservations by any organization so that all groups may have a fair opportunity to use the meeting rooms. Please notify us of any cancellations as soon as possible. If a recurring reservation is not used two times, all remaining reservations will be cancelled.
Branch Library Meeting Room Policy
- The Jacksonville Public Library provides meeting space for library-related, cultural, civic, and informal educational purposes.
- Library-related and Library sponsored programs will take precedence over outside programs.
- All meetings must be free and open to the general public.
- Rooms are available for nonprofit groups only.
- Groups which are affiliated with a business or commercial organization, enterprise, or any other type of entity which exists for profit may not use the meeting facilities.
- Private parties, such as family reunions or graduation celebrations, may not be held in the meeting facilities.
- Meetings can be held only during regular Library hours.
- Appeals in cases of refusal are to be directed to the Library Administration. The Appeal Procedure for Use of Library Meeting Room Space form is to be used.
- Groups may collect donations to cover incidental expenses only. They may not solicit donations for fund-raising purposes or make sales, except for the sole benefit of the Library.
- The Library retains the right to cancel reservations for a meeting room for operational reasons or for failure to adhere to regulations governing the use of meeting rooms.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs by the Jacksonville Public Library.
Revised 9/8/2010, 11/10/05
Approved February 13, 2003 by the Library Board of Trustees.